Doesn’t Cannabis Work Differently For Everyone
Does it have to be 20%+ THC or better to work for me? Is this why most budtenders show y ou the highest THC weed they have when you walk in? Perhaps it just sounds cooler to say we have a 25 or 30% THC percentage than it does to say we have a beautifully balanced Indica, Sativa, or hybrid with an incredible cannabinoid profile and entourage effect. A large percentage of consumers would be lost if a budtender were to greet them like this.
- Indica varieties tend to produce a more relaxing body high for many consumers.
- Sativa strains tend to provide a more uplifting, motivational, and inspirational high.
- Hybrids offer the best of both worlds with a balance of both Sativa and Indica characteristics.
What if I were to tell you I get the best buzz from a strain like Chemdawg, a strong Sativa? I can kick back and watch a documentary or read in a zone. Or when the rare occasion comes along some Chemdawg makes for a great napping weed for me. It doesn’t make me want to play frisbee golf or go hiking. Some heavy Indicas though, like Afghan Kush motivate me when it comes time for chores like shopping or housework.
Just remember that cannabis treats everyone a bit different. What works for you may not work for someone else and vice versa. Don’t believe the hype when it comes to high THC, Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid strains. Try several of each of them and develop your own opinion.
Cannabinoid Profiles and The Entourage Effect
What is a cannabinoid profile or the entourage effect, you ask? Allow me to explain. Researchers have determined the cannabis plant contains over 480 natural components. We only are starting to understand how a few of these work. We are learning that cannabinoids work better together. When you isolate a specific cannabinoid such as CBD it may become less effective than if it were working with other cannabinoids.
- The effects felt by the combination of several cannabinoids working together is called the entourage effect.
When you add other cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, THC and others, CBD becomes more effective for many consumers. Some refer to this as full spectrum cannabis or whole plant cannabis. THC (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) works more efficiently with the help of other cannabinoids too. The effect a consumer feels from the combining of cannabinoids is referred to as the entourage effect.
I’m still learning about this myself. After being a daily consumer for years, I’ve found that I have a high tolerance to herb, dabs, edibles, etc. My research on the entourage effect led me to discover I enjoy strains with a high CBD, CBN, and CBG at night compared to a high THC Indica. A great example would be recently I tried an ounce of Alaskan Ice trim testing at 6% THC and I was lit! I’ve smoked for about 30 years and I was surprised. Since this experience, I’ve started trying all kinds of beautiful flowers.
- CBG– Cannabigerol tends to be higher in hemp or low THC cannabis strains compared to high THC cannabis varieties.
- CBN– Cannabinol is showing great success in helping promote sleep per researchers at Steep Hill Labs.
- CBD– Is the non-psychoactive compound that’s helping many with everything from allergies and skin conditions to anxiety, epilepsy, and inflammation.
- THC– Delta 9 Tetrahydrocannabinol is the compound that’s most commonly associated with the high or buzz cannabis offers as well as its pain relieving benefits.
Everyone Is a Little Different When It Comes To This Lovely Lady
If I could say one thing to anyone who wants to know about this incredible plant it would be to try it. Start with small amounts and learn what works for you, not for someone else. Cannabis is not the devil the feds make it out to be. It only threatens their control of the citizens of our country and other countries around the globe.
Cannabis may just truly be the healing of the nations. I’d love to hear your thoughts on how different strains treat you. Chime in and help a friend learn about this incredible plant. I believe knowledge is power and that a single seed can tip the scales. Stay lifted and gifted buds!